Tuesday 19 February 2019

My Mihimihi



Mihimihi 

Matila 

I am learning to: introduce myself and others, and respond to introductions using my personal information 

Tēnā koutou katoa, (greetings to you all)

Nō Aotearoa ahau (where you are from / Aotearoa*)

Ko Owairaka tōku maunga (Mountain)

Ko Manukau Harbour tōku moana (ocean)

Kei Tamaki Makaurau tōku kāinga ināianei (I now live)

Ko Te Hepara Pai ōku kura (school / Good Shepherd School*)

Ko Fa’apopo tōku whānau (family name)

Ko Fa’apopo Fa’apopo tōku pāpā (father)

No Samoa ia (Father is from, share diverse backgrounds)

Ko Faith Sagato tōku māmā (mother, ask if maiden or family name)

No Samoa ia (Mother is from, share diverse backgrounds)

Ko Matila Fa’apopo tōku ingoa (your name)

Nō reira, tēnā koutou, tēnā koutou, tēnā tātou katoa.

(Therefore, greetings to you, greetings to you, greeting to us all).

No comments:

Post a Comment